This activity is designed for physicians, pharmacists, podiatrists, and nurses who are involved in the management of patients with wounds.
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review the types of wounds that are associated with chronic non‐healing
- Discuss the normal healing process and pathophysiology of non‐healing wounds
- Apply evidence‐based methods of wound bed preparation and dressing based on clinical assessment
- Describe recent scientific and technological advances in chronic wound care
- Outline relative indications for considering patient referral to a specialized wound care clinic