On completion of this programme, the learner should be able to:
• Understand and define the concept of holistic wound bed preparation
• Explain the key differences between acute and chronic wounds
• Understand TIME and the four steps of wound bed preparation
• Discuss why debridement is important to promote wound healing
• Discuss infection and its implication in chronic wounds
If you pass the test at the end of the course you will get a personalised digital PDF certificate available to download from your website profile. Ensure your details are fully completed, so all certificate fields display accurately.
This course has been awarded 1.5 CEU points by An Bord Altranais. An Bord Altranais is the statutory body that regulates the nursing and midwifery profession in Ireland.
This course is accredited in Ireland only.
Based primarily on:
Schultz GS, Sibbald RG, Falanga V, Ayello E A, Dowsett C, Harding K, et al. Wound bed preparation: a systematic approach to wound management. Wound Repair Regen. 2003; 11 (Suppl 1): 1-28.
Leaper DJ, Schultz G, Carville K, Fletcher J, Swanson T, Drake R. Extending the TIME concept: what have we learned in the past 10 years? Int Wound J. 2012; 9 (Suppl 2): 1–19.