On completion of this programme, the learner should be able to:
• Understand and define the concept of holistic wound bed preparation
• Explain the key differences between acute and chronic wounds
• Understand TIME and the four steps of wound bed preparation
• Discuss why debridement is important to promote wound healing
• Discuss infection and its implication in chronic wounds
This is a non accredited online course but you will get a certififcate if you pass the test at the end.
Based primarily on:
Schultz GS, Sibbald RG, Falanga V, Ayello E A, Dowsett C, Harding K, et al. Wound bed preparation: a systematic approach to wound management. Wound Repair Regen. 2003; 11 (Suppl 1): 1-28.
Leaper DJ, Schultz G, Carville K, Fletcher J, Swanson T, Drake R. Extending the TIME concept: what have we learned in the past 10 years? Int Wound J. 2012; 9 (Suppl 2): 1–19.