Course Chair: Caroline Dowsett
A fresh approach to challenging wounds by combining T.I.M.E. with pioneering solutions.
This is the 4th Challenging Wounds expert meeting which is designed for wound care physicians /nurses and will this time will focus on the T.I.M.E. principle of Wound Bed Preparation1 along with evidence and interactive cases using the portfolio approach from Smith & Nephew Advanced Wound Care and Devices.
As the demand for wound care resources continue to increase it makes approaches that can maximize efficiency, while maintaining clinical efficacy, an important goal to strive for and this course will provide solutions.
- To gain an understanding of the role of Advanced Wound Care in the management of challenging wounds including Chronic Wounds, Hard to Heal Wounds and Dehisced Acute Surgical Wounds. A discussion on complex situations of Epidermolysis Bullosa and End of Life wound care will be provided.
- A detailed understanding of the T.I.M.E. principles of wound bed preparation1.
- Be able to use the T.I.M.E. principles1 to guide care, training and product /dressing selection to deal the wounds in routine clinical practice.
- Tissue Viability Nurses (TVN) / Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses (WOCN); Nurses managing community wounds; Nurse Consultants; Wound care specialist clinicians.
- Should be Decision Makers and able to make practice changes.
Login or join Education and Evidence to register your interest for this event.
1.11Schultz GS, Sibbald RG, Falanga V et al., Wound Rep Reg (2003);11( Suppl) :S1-S28